Mt. Meakan and Lake Onneto Area
The area around Mt. Meakan and Lake Onneto is one of wild and pristine beauty. Explore Mt. Meakan, Meakan Onsen, and Onneto Yunotaki Falls (a hot-spring waterfall with rare manganese deposits), and observe rich plant and animal life from along popular hiking trails. Be aware that the road from Meakan Onsen to Lake Onneto is closed between December and April but is still accessible on snowshoes or cross-country skis.
- Mt. Meakan and Lake Onneto Area
- Lake Onneto
- Onneto Yunotaki Falls
- Onneto National Campground
- Mt. Meakan
- Nishiki Pond
- Plants and Animals of the Lake Onneto and Mt.Meakan Area
- Meakan Onsen (Meakan Hot Spring)
- Shirafuji Falls
- Rawan-buki(Giant Japanese butterbur)
- Sakhalin Spruce Forest
This English-language text was created by the Japan Tourism Agency.